Baked sweet potato fries. Who doesn’t love french fries? The problem is they aren’t the best thing for you. Now have you had sweet potato fries? These days, most people have but today is about healthy sweet potato fries.
These healthy sweet potato fries have a minimal amount of ingredients but are a perfect side dish for any sandwich, specifically a burger. The key when baking, is placing on a cooling rack on cookie sheet to help the air circulate and get them as crisp as possible. If you don’t have a cooling rack, no harm, no foul.
So if you want some fries, but don’t want the calories or dealing with a fryer for that matter, this is the perfect recipe to try. Or if you want another great healthy option – try these parmesan zucchini chips. Enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato, skin removed and cut 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place aluminum foil on baking sheet, and put a cooling rack that fits on top with some PAM sprayed on. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices and place in bowl. Add garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and mix throughly.
- Place sweet potatoes on top of rack, making sure no sweet potato is on top of another. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown but not burnt. Sprinkle on some fresh parsley. Enjoy!