This easy roasted Brussels sprouts with parmesan recipe is the perfect side dish. It isn’t your Grandma’s brussels sprouts so it’s definitely worth a try.
Do you like Brussels sprouts? If I had asked you 10 years ago, the answer might have been a resounding “No!” But now you can’t go to a restaurant without seeing Brussels sprouts in the appetizer section of the menu. I’ve made them more ways than I can count and today is about these roasted Brussels sprouts with parmesan.
I think it started when people realized you could cook Brussels sprouts in other ways besides steaming them. The two go-tos nowadays are deep-frying and roasting them. While I love fried Brussels sprouts and order them basically every time they’re on the menu, if I’m making them at home I roast them. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love frying them at home too but this just way easier and healthier.
So today I’m sharing a simple roasted Brussels sprouts with parmesan recipe that might just convert you if you’ve never been a fan. It’s a version of what converted Lauren a few years ago! If you already like them, then add this recipe to your list of different ways to make Brussels sprouts or check out this southwestern roasted Brussels sprouts! Hope you enjoy!
What Ingredients are in these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan?
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Can I Make Shaved Brussels Sprouts Instead?
Yep. You use the same ingredients and bake the same amount of time. The only difference is throwing the Brussels sprouts in the food processor, using the slicing blade attachment. I’m not going to lie, I just recently got into shaved Brussels sprouts, and they are hard to turn down.
Other Side Dish Recipes:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Toss so everything is coated. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and toss to combine. Add the breadcrumbs and parmesan and toss until everything is completely coated.
- Spread in even layer on baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove once cheese is melted and brussels sprouts are browned. Enjoy!