Crispy baked parmesan green beans. I was looking for some side dish recipes on Food Network, but nothing really hit the spot for me. I did see a few recipes with green beans, but who loves plain old green beans? If you nodded your head, more power to you but I’ve just never been a fan. What I am a fan of is crispy green beans, and that’s what today’s post is about.
Yes it does involve a little more work than opening a can, but it’s so worth it! I’ll admit I sometimes will use some of the leftover breadcrumb mixture and add it to the pan so I get bits of just baked parmesan. There isn’t much better than fried cheese! We’re talking about green beans today however, and the breadcrumb mixture gives a great crunchy texture for these crispy green beans.
What makes these crispy green beans great is you can use them as a side or even as an appetizer. I love recipes that can be used in multiple ways so I hope you give this a try. Enjoy! If you’re looking for other ideas, try these baked sweet potato fries or parmesan zucchini chips.
Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In shallow bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add flour to another shallow bowl. Beat eggs in third shallow bowl.
- Dredge the green beans in flour, then eggs, then panko mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.