These baked parmesan zucchini chips are a great healthy alternative to many side dishes including fresh fries and couldn’t be easier to make.
I had never been a huge fan of zucchini as it just didn’t have much flavor to me. That was until I realized that you can actually use this to your advantage and impart some flavor into it. Because of that, preparing dishes with zucchini is a great way to hide something healthy for those that claim to not like fruits and vegetables and this parmesan zucchini chips are the perfect start.
I first made these zucchini chips a few years ago and it has now become a household staple side, especially when we’re having veggie burgers, as was the case when I made these. These are simple, quick to prepare, and much healthier than fries. The big thing when making these is don’t get discouraged when the bread crumb mixture isn’t sticking. It’s actually easier to just sprinkle over the top and then gently press into the zucchini.
What I most enjoy about these zucchini chips is the random crisp parmesan bits you get as well. Now I always want to set the correct expectation here. The zucchini itself do not get crisp. It’s the breadcrumb mixture that gives it a good consistency. I eat these as a healthier alternative to fries or good kettle chips.
What Ingredients are in these Parmesan Zucchini Chips?
- Olive oil
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Parmesan Zucchini Chips:
- Use a mandolin or knife to slice zucchini 1/4″ thick.
- Place sliced zucchini in bowl and toss some olive oil on it so breadcrumb mixture will stick.
- Place zucchini on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Evenly spread breadcrumb mixture over sliced zucchini.
- Bake in oven at 450°F for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini chips are golden brown.
How Do I Make Sure Breadcrumb Mixture Sticks?
To be honest, not much will stick at first when dipping each zucchini into the breadcrumbs. So I just skip that step now and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture right on top of the sliced zucchini and press down. Once it bakes, everything will be sticking together and the zucchini will be crisp.
Other Side Dish Recipes:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Beans
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F and put parchment paper on baking sheet. Slice the zucchini into 1/4" thick chips.
- In a bowl toss sliced zucchini in olive oil so that all are coated. In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the zucchini the gently press down so the mixture will stick.
- Bake zucchini chips for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.