Crispy Green Beans
These crispy baked parmesan green beans are a tasty side or appetizer for any occasion.
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In shallow bowl, mix together panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add flour to another shallow bowl. Beat eggs in third shallow bowl.
Dredge the green beans in flour, then eggs, then panko mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Fresh green beans are needed to make these crispy.
- Make sure the green beans are dry before dipping in flour.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan. Never buy pre-shredded Parmesan cheese as it contains wood pulp. Blocks of Parmesan cheese are also cheaper.
- Use tongs to transfer the green beans through the coating stations if you want clean fingers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g