This rich and hearty beef chili recipe is loaded with ground beef, vegetables and beans making it the perfect comfort food. Who doesn’t love good old-fashioned chili? I know everyone has their family version, so it’s about time we shared ours.
I personally don’t love a super spicy chili. This beef chili recipe has the perfect amount of heat to me, but like any chili you can adjust the seasoning based on your tastes. And while it is great the first day, it tastes so much better the second day. I’ve honestly never had a chili that didn’t taste better the second day. You’re just giving more time for the flavors to meld.
So keep this homemade chili recipe in mind when you are looking for some easy but tasty comfort food. Hope you enjoy!
What Ingredients are in this Beef Chili Recipe?
- Ground beef
- Produce – white onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, corn
- Spices – chili powder, cumin, sea salt, basil, cayenne pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Chicken or beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
- Cheese, sour cream, avocado, chips for topping
How to Make Homemade Chili
- Heat large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat and add ground beef, onion, peppers and garlic. Cook until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add spices and cook for another minute and cook for another minute. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add beans and corn. Cover and cook on simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Can I Make Beef Chili in Slow Cooker?
Yes, just repeat steps 1-2 above and then transfer to slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans and corn with 30 minutes remaining.
Other Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Chicken and Broccoli Chili
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Guinness Beef Stew
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or less depending on heat)
- 1 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz can) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- cheddar cheese, sour cream, chips and diced avocado for toppings
- In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, peppers and garlic until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, dried basil and cayenne pepper and cook for another minute. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add beans and corn. Taste and if you need more heat, add some cayenne pepper. Cover and cook on simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.