Caribbean shrimp tacos. I admittedly don’t post many seafood recipes. It’s not that I don’t like seafood! It’s just a lot of times I get sticker shock when at a grocery store. However I’m trying to be better about it and today all about Caribbean shrimp tacos because it’s Taco Tuesday of course! Oh and it’s also the day before the 4th of July. I know it’s a huge grill day but if it’s raining, your stuck inside so this is the perfect quick dish that doesn’t require the grill.
Like most taco recipes I make these days, they were inspired by Half Baked Harvest. What makes these so great is you make the salsa and shrimp on the same baking sheet. While your roasting the shrimp, you’re actually roasting most of the ingredients for the salsa verde.
And if you’re thinking of skipping out on the salsa verde, think again. It’s really what makes the dish. So if you’re looking for the perfect summer taco, this might just hit the mark. Enjoy! PS if you’re looking for some other taco recipes, try these sweet potato tacos or crispy chicken tacos.
Caribbean Shrimp Tacos
Caribbean Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- corn tortillas
- avocado, broccoli coleslaw or cabbage for serving
Roasted Poblano Pineapple Salsa Verde
- 4 tomatillos, husked and cut in half
- 1 poblano pepper. , seeds removed and cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, skin on
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup mango, diced
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a plastic bag, toss together shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, cumin,, all-spice, kosher salt, ginger, thyme, black pepper and cinnamon. Rub together to make sure shrimp is well coated.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer on one side of a baking sheet. On the other side, add the tomatillos, poblano pepper and garlic cloves. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and tomatillos are lightly charred.
- Set the shrimp aside. In a blender, add the tomatillos, poblano, garlic with skins removed, lime juice, orange juice and cilantro. Blend until smooth and add to small bowl with diced pineapple and mango.
- Heat the tortillas over medium heat in small skillet for 30 seconds on each side to make pliable. To serve, add coleslaw or lettuce, shrimp and the salsa verde. Enjoy!