This lemon garlic butter shrimp is an easy, light and healthy dinner cooked in one pan that can be ready to eat in under 15 minutes.
This is my type of recipe. Why? Because it has minimal ingredients and does in fact take hardly any time to make. Oh and it’s good for you! I mean what more could you ask for when it comes to a dinner recipe? Honestly the part that takes the longest is just peeling and deveining the shrimp. After that you’re golden.
The sauce in this is simple but tasty with melted butter, garlic, a little heat from crushed red pepper flakes and lemon which compliments the flavor of shrimp. I feel like shrimp and lemon go together like peas and carrots! You can’t have one without the other. I’m not going to lie though, I love me some garlic so sometimes I add even more but realize that’s not for everyone. Either way, you’ll be surprised how much flavor is packed in this lemon garlic butter shrimp, so give it a try.
What Ingredients are in this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe?
- Unsalted butter
- Spices – salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper
- Produce – garlic, lemon, Italian parsley
How to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Season peeled and deveined shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in even layer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip shrimp and garlic and crush red pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir in remaining butter, lemon juice and some parsley. Serve immediateely.
What Sides Go with Shrimp?
As far as vegetables I think some roasted asparagus complements the shrimp perfectly. Just toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 400°F for 8-10 minutes. If you want some carbs, couscous with pesto works great. Just cook your couscous according to instructions and then stir in some pesto.
How Do I Know When Shrimp is Cooked?
When properly cooked, the exterior of the shrimp should be pink with red tails and the flesh is slightly opaque and a little “white” in color. It only takes about 2 minutes per side in a pan to cook shrimp.
How Do I Peel and Devein Shrimp?
If you’ve never peeled and deveined shrimp I suggest watching this video from Epicurious.
Other Shrimp Recipes
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and opaque. When you flip the shrimp add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in remaining 2 tbsp butter, lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately.