With grilled corn, fresh mango, avocado, jalapeño, red onion and some herbs, this corn mango salsa tastes like summer.
What’s your favorite fruit? For me it’s mango no question! The only thing I wish is it was a little easier to get out of the skin but luckily for us Wegman’s has already cut up mango for when I’m feeling lazy. When we went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon almost two years ago I was in mango heaven! I honestly can’t believe it’s been that long. Time flies when you’re having fun I guess. One of my favorite ways to utilize mangoes are in salsa and today I’m sharing this mango salsa that is great for fresh fish and is inspired by Half Baked Harvest’s cookbook.
As I’ve mentioned a few times recently, I’m trying to be better about taking advantage of in-season food and the fresh corn makes all the difference. Funny story – Lauren used to sell corn as a kid and so is an expert on finding the perfect corn. She actually can be quite picky with it, but I’m not complaining.
So if you’re feeling like something bright that tastes like summer, use this corn mango salsa. It’s so simple to make and adds a ton of flavor to any dish. I originally specifically made it for blackened cod, which it is perfect for. It could also be used as a dip for an appetizer if you’re feeling like it. Hope you enjoy!
What Ingredients are in this Corn Mango Salsa Recipe?
- Red onion
How to Make Corn Mango Salsa
Either grill or saute the corn. If grilling, you want to soak the corn in water for 10 minutes before wrapping in aluminum foil. Then grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
If sauteing, just cut the corn off the cob and heat some olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook the corn for about 5 minutes or until it is charred.
From there you just add every ingredient in a bowl. Because of the avocado, the salsa will only last about a day, but don’t worry you’ll eat it quickly.
Do I Have to Use Fresh Corn?
No. There have been times, I’ve craved this salsa in the winter so I just use frozen corn and saute. If using frozen corn, you want to use about 1 1/2 cups.
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Authentic Guacamole
- Skillet Nachos
- Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baltimore Crab Cakes
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Beans
Corn Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ears corn, sliced from the cob (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- First you want to grill or saute the corn. If using the grill, soak corn for 10 minutes. Wrap each in aluminum foil and grill 3-4 minutes per side. If sauteing, cut the corn off the cob and cook over medium-high heat in skillet for about 5 minutes or until corn starts to char.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the mango, corn, avocado, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, basil and lime juice. Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge for 1 day.