If you’re looking for the perfect breakfast or brunch to impress your guests, these mini ham and cheese quiche are quick to put together and will have everyone wanting more.
This savory recipe consists of store-bough pie crust and is filled with eggs, milk, ham, cheddar cheese and green onions. There is something so satisfying about the light fluffiness of the eggs contrasted by the crunchiness of the cooked pie dough. This dish actually originated in France. You might recall that a few months ago I posted a quiche recipe which may seem pretty similar to this one. That’s because it is, but just a mini quiche instead so you can eat with your hands if you want.
So why am I basically sharing the same recipe again? Well it is slightly different as they are mini quiche so you have some more egg and the baking time is a little shorter. But mainly it’s because they are just so good and way easier than you might think!
These mini ham and cheese quiche are the perfect brunch food to me. What makes these even better is you can have them as leftovers as well and they taste just as good! You can freeze them for a couple of months but believe me they won’t last that long. So on a weekend where you feel like trying something a little different, give these mini ham and cheese quiche a try!
What Ingredients are in this Mini Quiche Recipe?
- Pie crust
- Ham or prosciutto
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Black pepper
How to Make Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche:
- Whisk together eggs, milk and black pepper in large bowl and set aside.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Cut pie crust in 3″ circles and press into tin all the way to edge of top. Place 1 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp ham and 1/2 tbsp green onion in each.
- Add egg mixture 3/4 of the way to the top of each. You don’t want it all the way to the top or it will overflow when cooking.
- Bake in oven at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Can I Substitute Ingredients for this Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche?
Yes. Instead of ham you can use prosciutto or bacon if you prefer. And while I love cheddar cheese for this specific quiche recipe, you can use another cheese like Gruyère if you prefer.
Similar Breakfast Recipes:
- Hash Brown Egg Muffins
- Kale, Pesto and Roasted Red Pepper Frittata
- Prosciutto Quiche
- Butternut Squash Frittata
Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- 1 cup diced ham or prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 cup muffin/cupcake tin with non-stick spray. Roll out both pie crust and cut larger than cupcake tin so it can go up sides. (It should be 2 1/2 in wide) Fit the rounds in the cups of the prepared muffin tin, pushing the bottoms down and up the sides.
- Spread 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese across bottom of each mini pie. Add 1 Tbsp ham and 1/2 Tbsp green onion on top of each. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and black pepper. Pour evenly over the meat and cheese of each cup.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the middle is just slightly jiggly and top is golden brown. You can use a cake tester to test as well. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes so it sets.