These hash brown egg muffins have hash browns packed into muffin tins to make a crispy nest and are then loaded with eggs, peppers, cheese and bacon! After being cooked, they can be frozen and reheated whenever you want to eat them.
These hash brown egg muffins make a great breakfast or brunch and are perfect for the holidays. Even better, they can be frozen and just reheated when you’re ready to eat.
Who doesn’t love the holiday season? I feel like November and December always fly by as there is so much going on. For me and I’m sure most people, my favorite part about the holidays is being with family. And when I’m with family we eat, eat and eat some more! Brunch is a big thing for us, especially at Christmas so I’m always looking for new recipes to share.
The great thing about these has brown egg muffins is you can really make them year round but they really are perfect for a big family brunch as they couldn’t be easier to prepare. Yes there are a ton of ways to make eggs for a party including my mini ham, cheese and onion quiche, but to me these are pretty unique as you’re combining a side like hash browns and eggs to make one cohesive dish. So if you’re hosting this year or just love a good breakfast, give these hash brown muffins a try.
What Ingredients are in this Hash Brown Egg Muffins Recipe?
- Hash browns
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Produce – green bell pepper and onion
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Hash Brown Egg Muffins
- Heat hash browns in heatproof bowl in microwave for 30 seconds so they are more pliable. Combine the hash browns, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray and divide the hash brown mix evenly in the muffin tin, packing the hash browns tightly to form a nest.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 450°F or until the edges have browned. Remove the pan and reduce the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon, pepper, onion, salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly in the hash brown nests. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centers are set.
Do I Have to Use Bacon?
No. You can replace with sausage. I have and it’s just as good. Really depends on what you’re craving. You could even do prosciutto, which is a favorite of mine. But if you want to make vegetarian, just add some more peppers or another vegetable that you enjoy.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
- Bacon Cheddar Waffles
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Bacon Avocado Toast
- Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Kale, Pesto and Roasted Red Pepper Frittata
Hash Brown Egg Muffins
- 1 (20 oz bag) shredded hash browns
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat hash browns in microwave for 30 seconds so they're more pliable. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, 1/2 cup cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide the hash brown mixture evenly in the muffin cups. Use your fingers to pack them tightly and shape them into nests.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges have browned. Remove the hash browns from the oven and reduce temperature to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk until eggs are beaten. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon, pepper, onion, salt and black pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly in the 12 hash brown nests. Sprinkle each with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centers are set and top is beginning to brown. (These can be eaten now or frozen and warmed up in microwave later)