Chicken chickpea pesto salad. Who doesn’t love an easy, tasty recipe that can last you for a couple of days for lunch? Back before I got free lunch every day through my work (I know it’s awesome), I made this chicken chickpea pesto salad quite a bit. If you’re looking for some inspiration for make-ahead lunches then check out The Kitchn.
Sadly I haven’t enjoyed it much lately, but if I’m feeling in the mood, I’ll make it for Lauren for her lunch. I mean it really isn’t hard and can be whipped up in 10 minutes if you use rotisserie chicken.
Great thing is it’s healthy! So if you’re looking for an easy lunch dish, give this a try. Enjoy! PS if you’re looking for other healthy lunch ideas, try my edamame, chickpea and apple power salad or buffalo chicken quinoa salad.
Chicken Chickpea Pesto Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper chicken and cook in pan for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and shred.
- In large bowl, add chicken, chickpeas and pesto and mix until everything is coated. Toss in red onions, walnuts and feta cheese. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate before serving.