Chicken Chickpea Pesto Salad
This easy chickpea pesto salad recipe with with chicken is the perfect meal for a make-ahead lunch and can be eaten warm or cold.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper chicken and cook in pan for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and shred.
In large bowl, add chicken, chickpeas and pesto and mix until everything is coated. Toss in pistachios, feta cheese and onions. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate before serving.
- Just buy a rotisserie chicken to save time.
- Always go with homemade pesto over store-bought as it's cheaper and you know what goes in it.
- Toast your nuts, which adds a rich, roasted flavor.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2.5mg