Peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie. A warm and gooey cookie that is crisp on the outside but chewy in the middle and is the perfect vehicle for some vanilla ice cream. So today is Halloween, which mean’s it’s my mom’s birthday! Hopefully she won’t mind me sharing this, but not only is it her birthday, it’s her 60th! And what a crazy 60 years it’s been.
As I had mentioned when I first started this blog, it was my mom that really nudged me to share my passions with everyone. She had taken the leap a few years ago and started a daily blog herself. That’s right – daily! I mistakenly told her there was no way she could write a blog post every day. And of course just to prove me wrong, she did!
I hope I’m not stealing her thunder here, but I believe she’ll be starting another blog soon so keep a look out! Luckily for me, I decided to start this blog as it’s been a lot of fun seeing some of my friends and family make some recipes. Now if I can just get that random person I don’t know to make one!
So today’s post is in honor of my mom’s cookie business – Heartsong Cookies. No it’s not one of her actual cookies! Instead I wanted to share this peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie I had actually made for her and Mike when they were in town a couple of weeks ago. It can be prepared in just about 20 minutes and the warm gooeyness goes perfect with some ice cream! This peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie is a perfect desert for two or four if you feel like sharing. Hope you enjoy!
Other Dessert Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Fondue
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Easter Bunny Carrot Cake
- Blueberry Crisp
- Strawberry Lemon Bars
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 tsp peanut butter, creamy
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a 6 inch mini cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Transfer half the cookie dough mixture to skillet. Add peanut butter in individual tsp drops throughout mixture. Add the remaining cookie dough so it covers the peanut butter and is evenly distributed across the skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are browned and the center is set. (You want it slightly gooey in center). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Add some vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup if desired. Enjoy!