These baked chocolate donuts get some moisture and flavor from Guinness beer and then are dipped in a sweet Baileys glaze that puts them over the top.
It’s been awhile since I posted a donut recipe but I figured what could be better than Ireland’s two famous alcoholic drinks – Guinness and Baileys! Like coffee, Guinness just enriches the chocolate flavor. And Baileys just tastes great so there aren’t many glazes better!
If you don’t have a donut pan, I’d suggest ordering one right now as baked donuts are super easy to make. You can get one for less than $10 at a store or even cheaper on Amazon. I mean there isn’t much better on a weekend than some homemade donuts. So use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to give these a try.
What Ingredients are in this Baked Guinness Chocolate Donuts Recipe?
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Guinness beer
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
Why Use Guinness in the Baked Chocolate Donut Recipe?
Just like coffee, Guinness just brings out the chocolate flavor when baking. You don’t actually taste the Guinness. If you don’t have any Guinness, you can replace with an equal amount of coffee, but if you can manage it I’d suggest buying some Guinness. There are so many recipes you can make with it!
What is the Difference Between Guinness Draught and Extra Stout?
Draught and Extra Stout are pretty similar but Draught has a little more coffee notes and creamy where as the Extra Stout has a slightly drier finish. You can use either in this recipe.
Other Donut Recipes:
Watch How to Make Guinness Chocolate Donuts:
Guinness Chocolate Donuts with Baileys Glaze
Guinness Chocolate Donut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tsp water
Guinness Chocolate Donut
- Preheat oven to 325F. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together Guinness, egg, granulated sugar and butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place batter in ziploc bag and squeeze out air. Cut corner of bag. Spray 6-cup donut pan with non-stick spray. Pipe the batter evenly in the donut pan. It should make 6.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until stick comes clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and remove and place on cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Dip donuts in glaze.
- In small bowl that is wide enough to dip donuts, add powdered sugar, Baileys and water and mix until combined. You may need to add slightly more water to sugar to get right consistency.