BBQ chicken and peach quesadilla. In case you didn’t know it’s summer! In Maryland, we had quite the drought, until the past few days when it finally rained. When I think of summer, besides the endless hot days, the main thing I think of is fresh fruit! At least in Maryland we are just now entering prime peach season, so today is all about peaches with this bbq chicken quesadilla.
Yes another quesadilla recipe, but I just can’t help it. They’re so easy to put together and taste amazing! The other day I was trying to think of a way to incorporate some fresh peaches. While my go to in the past was pizza, I wanted to mix it up a little bit with this bbq chicken quesadilla.
By cooking the peaches for just a couple of minutes, you bring out the sweetness even more, but it’s not necessary if you’re pressed for time. Speaking of time, you don’t have to cook chicken and can just buy a rotisserie chicken if you prefer. If you’re thinking peaches, bbq and quesadilla don’t go together, think again. I hope you give this bbq chicken quesadilla a try and enjoy! Oh and these chicken fajita quesadillas or chorizo and avocado quesadillas are great alternatives.
BBQ Chicken and Peach Quesadilla
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 (10 in) flour or wheat tortillas
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add peaches and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to skillet. Salt and pepper chicken and add to skillet and cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked through. Remove chicken and shred with fork. Add 3-4 tbsp bbq sauce until coated.
- Place tortilla on plate and add 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese. (or more if you desire) Top with chicken, jalapeno pepper and peaches. Try to use about a 1/2 of each as this makes 2 quesadillas. Fold the tortilla and repeat.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add both quesadillas to skillet and cook on one side for about 5 minutes or until browned. Flip both quesadillas and cook for another 5 minutes or until browned. Use the pizza cutter to cut into four slices.