A simple pasta dish with fettuccine that's tossed in a sauce that has butter, cream and Parmesan cheese.
We make it one time a year, and it's always the week of Ryan's birthday (or on Ryan's birthday...). It's always a "side dish" to his birthday meal of chicken parmesan, because if chicken parmesan wasn't cheesy enough, we must have mounds of cheesy pasta to go along with it... but birthday calories don't count, right?
According to Ryan, this birthday meal started with him going to Carrabba's as a child with his parents. He was such a picky eater and did not like red sauce so he would ask for the chicken parmesan without red sauce on top, and then they offered fettuccini Alfredo as a side dish. He would eat the whole thing... He has since "grown up" and learned to eat pasta sauce and not just fried chicken with cheese. This easy fettuccine Alfredo is based off of Ree Drummond's (aka the Pioneer Woman on Food Network) recipe. I'll admit, if you can somehow limit yourself to this just once a year, there isn't much better than fettuccine Alfredo with chicken parmesan. So maybe you'll make it your birthday meal as well. Bon Appetite!
Other Pasta Recipes
- Almond Pesto Fettuccine
- Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Ravioli
- Weeknight Bolognese
- Garlic Butter Pasta
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, warm the butter and cream over medium heat until the butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of parmesan to the sauce and mix until melted through. In a large bowl add the cooked pasta and sauce. Toss a couple of times to coat the noodles and add the last cup of parmesan cheese, tossing to combine. Enjoy!