This easy turkey gravy only has four ingredients – turkey drippings/stock, butter, flour and black pepper and can be made in no time.
Happy Thanksgiving! I’m not sure how many people will actually be visiting this blog on my favorite holiday but I still felt it was important to share one of the most important recipes for Thanksgiving – turkey gravy! So why am I sharing today? Because I feel like people normally forget about it and then just quickly google something that they can make with the ingredients at hand. At least that’s what I did, which is what led to this easy turkey gravy recipe.
When I say easy, I mean it. This is a no-fuss gravy recipe. No milk or cream. Just four ingredients that you would have on hand on the day of Thanksgiving. To me, while most people use gravy over their turkey for Thanksgiving, it goes great with everything, but especially mashed potatoes and stuffing! I’m one of those that doesn’t mind mixing a bunch of stuff in one bite. So my apologies for anyone that eats each individual food item separately!
I assume you’ve already figured out how you’re making your turkey but if you want something done in less than an hour or looking for inspiration for next year, try this Instant Pot turkey breast. But if you’re in a pinch and looking for a quick gravy, this easy turkey gravy is for you. Enjoy!
What Ingredients are in this Easy Turkey Gravy Recipe?
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Turkey stock/drippings
How to Make Turkey Gravy Easy
- Bring saucepan to medium heat and add butter. Stir in flour and black pepper, whisking constantly for 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in 2 cups of stock/pan drippings and whisk constantly until gravy thickens.
Can I Use Store-Bought Chicken Stock?
Yes. There is no issue with using store-bought chicken stock, but the flavor just won’t be as rich as if you were using the drippings from an actual turkey.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Baked Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Thanksgiving Salad
Easy Turkey Gravy
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups leftover stock/drippings
- Drain the drippings from the turkey through a sieve into a 4 cup measuring cup. Reserve 2 cups of the liquid. Scrape off any fat that forms.
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and add the butter. When melted add the black pepper. Add the flour and constantly whisk for about 3 minutes. Slowly pour in 2 cups of stock/pan drippings and whisk constantly until bubbly and thickened. Use immediately.