Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
If you're craving fried chicken but need something healthier, these crispy baked chicken tenders will have you wanting more.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 chicken tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread panko breadcrumbs on baking sheet and spray with oil spray. Bake for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a medium bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg, flour, milk, mayonnaise, paprika, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Add the chicken to the batter and toss to coat.
Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet. Take a piece of chicken and press breadcrumbs to adhere. Place on rack on baking sheet and repeat until each piece of chicken is coated. Spray the chicken with some oil spray. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from oven and serve with your choice of sauce.
- I’ve mentioned it multiple times but panko breadcrumbs are best for crispy baked chicken tenders.
- Pre-bake the breadcrumbs for 3 minutes so they will be extra crispy. If you don’t the chicken will be done before the breadcrumbs are browned and crispy.
- Place chicken on wire cooling rack which allows for all sides of the chicken to cook. If you skip this step, the bottom won’t be crispy. The wire rack allows for hot air circulation to cook the chicken.
- You know the chicken is cooked when it reaches 165°F with an instant-read thermometer or if you cut into the chicken and the juices run clear and there is no pink. Honestly, I always just cut the chicken to see when it is done. If it isn’t just cook slightly longer.
- Leftovers will store well in an airtight container for 1/2 days in the fridge. To reheat, place the chicken tenders on cooling rack and cover with aluminum foil. Cook at 165°F until the chicken is warmed through.
Serving: 1chicken tender | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.8mg