Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
With shaved ribeye, pepper, onions and cheese this pizza gives you everything from the famous Philly cheesesteak in pizza form.
Servings 8 slices
No Knead Pizza Dough
- 250 grams all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry active yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ lb shaved ribeye steak
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Italian five cheese
- sprinkle of cornmeal
No Knead Pizza Dough
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands. It should be sticky, but not lumpy.
Cover with saran wrap and a towel in a warm place, allowing it to rise for 24 hours. Transfer to a floured surface and shape into ball. Use when ready.
Add butter to small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbly.
Slowly whisk in milk and chicken stock and cook for about 1 minute or until thickened. Add ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and and crushed red pepper flakes, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
Place pizza stone in oven 8" from the broiler element and preheat to 500°F. You want stone to be in oven for at least 30 minutes at 500°F.
Heat medium skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked. Remove from skillet.
In same skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil. Add sliced peppers and onion and and cook for about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle pizza peel with cornmeal or flour. Use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the dough to the shape you want and place on pizza peel.
Spread a light layer of the sauce over the dough, leaving about 1 inch around the edges untouched. Spread the cooked steak, peppers and onion throughout the pizza. Top with the cheese.
Once stone is preheated, turn broiler to high. Transfer pizza to pizza stone and bake for 4-5 minutes or until top is bubbly and bottom is golden brown.
- Take the time to make your own dough. My go-to is this no-knead pizza dough.
- If you don't want to make your own sauce, a store-bought alfredo will work.
- Don't go overboard on the sauce. You want to just spread it lightly.
- Use a pizza stone so you can broil the pizza and get a nice crust, but bubbly top.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 988mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g