Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
If you're looking for the easiest appetizer ever that will please a crowd, then look no further than this baked brie with fig jam.
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed (½ package)
- 1 (8 ounce) round brie cheese
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out the puff pastry on it. Place brie right in middle. Top brie with fig jam and walnuts, if using.
From each pointed end, fold pastry together to completely cover cheese. You can cut off extra puff pastry if needed. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is deep golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into.
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw to room temperature before using.
- Use quality brie cheese as it is the star of this appetizer.
- You can replace the fig jam with another jam that you enjoy like apricot or apple jam.
- Toasted nuts add another texture that put this baked brie over the top.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 0.2mg