Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
This creamy garlic mashed cauliflower is a great healthier alternative to mashed potatoes and will have you questioning why you didn't try it sooner.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 (2 lb) head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- rosemary or parsley for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes until soft and tender.
While boiling cauliflower, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
When cauliflower is ready remove from heat and drain. Use a dish towel or cheesecloth to squeeze as much moisture out of it as possible.
In a food processor, add the cauliflower, garlic with butter, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Serve hot and sprinkle some rosemary or parsley on top.
- If you can't get fresh cauliflower, frozen cauliflower will work fine. Just cook according to package instructions before adding to food processor.
- Do not skip squeezing excess liquid out of cauliflower or it will be more soupy than you want.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan to finish the sauce. Never buy pre-shredded Parmesan cheese as it contains wood pulp. Blocks of Parmesan cheese are also cheaper.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 98.2mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 1.1mg