Strawberry Gin Smash
This strawberry smash is made with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, mint, honey and gin that is topped off with ginger beer, making it a great summer drink.
Servings 1 drink
- 5 strawberries, leafy ends removed
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz ginger beer
Place strawberries, lemon juice, honey and mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint leaves, but don't muddle too much or you'll break up the leaves.
Add gin and stir to combine.
Fill one glass ⅔ of the way full with the strawberry mixture and ice. (You can also strain the mixture)
Top with ginger beer. Add extra mint leaves and strawberries for garnish.
- If you don't have fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries will work fine.
- Do not over muddle the mint or you will turn the taste bitter.
- Do not overdo it with the mint. A little goes a long way. 10 leaves is enough for 2 drinks.
- Use honey instead of simple syrup. It may not be traditional but takes less work and adds additional flavor.
- Used crushed ice which will make the strawberry gin smash colder quicker.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 1020mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 355.6mg | Calcium: 920mg | Iron: 0.7mg