Hot Honey-Drizzled Salami Pizza
Pizza loaded salami and then drizzled with hot honey is a unique, but perfect twist on a traditional pizza that hits the sweet and spicy taste buds.
Servings 8 slices
- 250 grams (all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 lb finocchiona salami, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp Mike's Hot Honey
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands. It should be sticky, but not lumpy.
Cover with saran wrap and a towel in a warm place, allowing it to rise for 24 hours. Transfer to a floured surface and shape into ball. Use when ready.
Place pizza stone in oven 8" from the broiler element and preheat to 500°F. You want stone to be in oven for at least 30 minutes at 500°F.
Sprinkle pizza peel with cornmeal or flour. Use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the dough to the shape you want and place on pizza peel.
Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the pizza dough. Add the diced mozzarella, salami and parmesan cheese.
In a small bowl, mix ricotta and heavy cream and set aside.
Once stone is preheated, turn broiler to high. Transfer pizza to pizza stone and bake for 4-5 minutes or until top is bubbly and bottom is golden brown. Drizzle some ricotta/heavy cream mixture and Mike's Hot Honey over pizza. Serve immediately.
- Use Great Dough: While you can buy some dough from the store, I recommend making this no-knead pizza dough. You just make it the night before and light it rise for 24 hours before using.
- Spread Sauce Evenly: You will read a variety of opinions on sauce, but I'm a firm believer in lightly spreading the pizza sauce evenly. A sauce should compliment the pizza, but not be the star.
- Use a Pizza Stone: Place the pizza stone in the oven 8″ from the broiler element. Turn the oven to 500°F. You want to place the pizza stone in a cold oven, otherwise it could crack. The pizza stone holds heat which allows you to get a golden brown crust on the bottom.
- Broil Pizza: Leave the pizza stone in the oven once it reaches 500°F for at least 30 minutes, but preferably an hour. When you are ready to make the pizza turn the broiler on. Transfer the pizza to the stone and bake for 4-5 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the bottom is golden brown.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 0mg