Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
You will be surprised how easy it is to make this red pepper hummus and it's much better than any pre-made hummus you buy at the grocery store.
- 1 (15 oz can) chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup jarred roasted red peppers
Add everything except the red peppers to the food processor. Puree to make smooth, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Add roasted red peppers and puree until mixed in. Add water if needed to reach desired consistency in tablespoon increments. Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready.
- Use a food processor, not a blender to make the hummus. The wider base is just better for homemade hummus.
- No need to soak dried chickpeas overnight as canned chickpeas work just as well.
- Use quality tahini as it lends to the flavor of the hummus.
- Take it easy on the garlic. One garlic clove is enough. You don't want it to overpower the hummus.
- Reserve the liquid from the canned chickpeas and use in place of water to get the consistency you want.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.7mg