Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
This lemon garlic shrimp is an easy, light and healthy dinner cooked in one pan that can be ready to eat in under 15 minutes.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Melt 2 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and opaque. When you flip the shrimp add garlic and crushed red pepper.
Stir in remaining 2 tbsp butter, lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately.
- Use wild shrimp when possible. It is healthier for you and just tastes better.
- Add cold butter to a cold skillet and let heat up to proper temperature before adding the shrimp. You’ll know it is ready when the butter starts to shimmer.
- Shrimp cook quickly so cook two minutes per side or until pink and opaque. If you cook too long, shrimp will be tough.
- While store-bought bottles can be quite convenient, they lack in flavor compared to the real thing. It really isn’t that much extra work to freshly squeeze the lemon and you’ll notice a difference in flavor.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 543mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2.2mg