Basil Pistachio Sauce
A Mediterranean twist on this simple recipe with basil, pistachio and oregano makes this sauce the perfect complement for a variety of meals.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup roasted pistachios
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeds removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- Roast the pistachios which helps bring out the nutty flavor for the sauce.
- You can replace the fresh oregano with 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- While store-bought bottles can be quite convenient, they lack in flavor compared to the real thing. It really isn’t that much extra work to freshly squeeze the lemon and you’ll notice a difference in flavor.
- If you want more heat, keep the seeds from the jalapeño in the sauce.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg