Dark Chocolate Fondue
This dark chocolate fondue consists of Ghirardelli's bittersweet chocolate and is the perfect vehicle to dip fruit, marshmallows and cookies.
- 1 (10 oz bag) bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli's)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dipping options (strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, pretzels, cookies, etc...)
In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream and heat on low, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Do not let come to a boil or chocolate might seize.
Once chocolate is melted, stir in vanilla extract and sea salt. If you need it to be thinner, add 1 tbsp of heavy cream at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Pour mixture in fondue pot to keep warm.
Serve with dippers of your choice.
- Use quality chocolate. The better the ingredients, the better the flavor.
- Always melt the chocolate over low heat to avoid scorching and prevent it from seizing.
- Melt the chocolate first over the stove before transferring to a fondue pot.
- Brush cut-up fresh fruit with lemon juice to prevent oxidizing.
- If the chocolate is too thick or lumpy, you can salvage it with a few teaspoons of vegetable oil.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.6mg