Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These easy peanut butter cookies with a mini Reese's peanut butter cup in the center are the perfect cookie for parties and the holidays.
Servings 40 cookies
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups, unwrapped and frozen
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter until it's light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour until just combined.
Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place into an ungreased miniature muffin pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press in frozen peanut butter cup. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and then let cool completely.
- Thick, non-natural creamy peanut butter is better for these cookies. Natural peanut butter makes the dough too oily.
- All refrigerated items should be at room temperature, which helps the cookies mix easily and cook evenly.
- You can replace heavy cream with milk if needed.
- Freeze the Reese's peanut butter cups for an hour before pressing into cookies so they don't melt.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 0.4mg