Loaded with sage, Italian parsley, roasted pepitas, and Parmesan cheese, this pesto is the definition of fall-inspired pesto.
Servings 16 servings
- 1 cup fresh sage
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Add sage, parsley, pepitas, garlic, and salt to blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
With blender or food processor on, slowly add olive oil until well combined. Add the Parmesan and blend for 10 more seconds until just combined. Add to airtight container and store in fridge.
- Use fresh sage and Italian parsley leaves to make the pesto. Never use dried herbs as it tastes completely different.
- Toast the pepitas which adds a rich, roasted flavor to the pesto.
- Salt is important as it helps break down the sage and Italian parsley while also enhancing the flavor.
- Use quality olive oil as it contributes to the taste of this almond basil pesto.
- Add the Parmesan last so you don’t overblend it.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in freezer for three months.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.9mg