If you're looking to take advantage of fresh vegetables like peppers, corn and zucchini, then this pizza is the perfect choice.
- 1 head cauliflower (2 lbs)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup soft goat cheese
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 oz Havarti cheese, shredded
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- 1 zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- ¾ cup corn
- salt + black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Preheat oven to 400°F. Pulse cauliflower florets in batches in food processor until rice-like consistency.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread cauliflower rice evenly throughout. Bake for 15 minutes.
Transfer the cauliflower rice to a thin dish towel or cheesecloth. Wrap up the dish towel, twist it, and squeeze the excess water out. You might have to wait a minute as it will be very hot.
In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice, egg, goat cheese, oregano and salt until well mixed. Press out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You want to reach a thickness of about ¼".
Bake for 30 min at 400°F or once the crust is firm and golden brown. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to add toppings.
Broil poblano peppers in pan 6 inches from top of oven for 5-7 minutes. Turn the chili every couple of minutes until blackened all over. Place poblano chilis in bowl and cover with saran wrap for 15 minutes. Remove the skins by rubbing back and forth with your hands. Once cool remove the stem and seeds and thinly slice.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey and finely chopped chipotle (if you want spicier, keep some of the seeds).
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the chipotle oil evenly throughout the cauliflower crust. Add the Havarti cheese, poblano chilis, shaved zucchini and corn. Drizzle with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
Remove from oven. Top with some burrata and fresh basil. Allow the burrata to sit on the pizza and warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Take the time to make your own cauliflower crust as you control the ingredients that go into it.
- Roast the poblano pepper, which gives it a meat-like texture and deepens the flavor.
- If you don't have fresh corn on hand, frozen corn will work just fine.
- Add the burrata cheese after baking the pizza so it will melt slightly and give a creamy texture. If you bake the burrata with the pizza, the water content will make the pizza soggy.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 51.2mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1.4mg