Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps might have been made famous by P.F. Chang's, but these chicken lettuce wraps are a great Mediterranean twist.
Servings 10 lettuce wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 ½ lemons, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 head butter or romaine lettuce
- feta cheese, microgreens and kalamata olives for topping
Basil Pistachio Sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, halved and seeds removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
In a large ziplock bag, combine 3 tablespoon olive oil, chicken, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, lemons, salt and pepper. Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Dump the entire bag of chicken onto a 9x13 baking dish. Mix in peppers and onion. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
While chicken is cooking prepare the sauce. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until combined. Add extra water if sauce needs to be thinned. Taste and add more salt if needed.
To assemble wraps, get a piece of lettuce and add chicken. Top with peppers, onion, cucumbers, avocado, olives, microgreens and cheese. Generously top with the basil pistachio sauce.
Serving: 1lettuce wrap | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 77.6mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg