Banana Oat Pancakes
If you want pancakes, but need to be a little healthier then these banana pancakes with oats might be what you're looking for.
Servings 8 pancakes
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- vegetable oil
- maple syrup, bananas, granola for serving
Combine the eggs, egg whites, banana, oats, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and salt in a blender and blend until the oatmeal is ground and the mixture begins to look like pancake batter, which should take about 1 minute.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with just enough vegetable oil that it's lightly greased. Use 1/4 cup measurer and pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and let cook until bubbles start to appear on top. Once there are bubbles, flip with a spatula and let cook on the other side for about a minute. Repeat with the remaining batter. Top with your desired toppings and serve immediately.
- A blender is a must for these banana pancakes with oats, so don't skip out. By placing on the ingredients in the blender, you easily combine everything to make it like pancake batter. There is no flour so you don't have to worry about overworking anything.
- Banana oat pancake batter is thinner than traditional pancake batter. However it shouldn't be runny. If it is too thin, add 1 tbsp of oats at a time and blend until reaching desired consistency. If it's too thick, then add 1 tbsp of milk at a time and blend.
- Use an Electric Skillet which allows you to make multiple pancakes at a time, but you can use a cast iron skillet as well.
- Wait until bubbles pop and form holes that stay open on the surface of the batter before flipping the pancakes.
- Heat oven to 200°F and place pancakes on a baking sheet to keep warm wan cooking additional pancakes.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.3mg