Maple Roasted Carrots
By caramelizing in a buttery and sweet maple glaze, these roasted carrots are simple to prepare but the perfect side dish for any meal.
- 2 lbs carrots, washed and scrubbed
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the maple syrup and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
Line the carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the carrots and add the salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Bake the carrots for 30-40 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Make sure you toss them every 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt if needed.
- If you want to shorten the cooking time, slice the carrots in half.
- For easier cleanup, just place the carrots on some parchment paper.
- You know the carrots are done when you can pierce the largest part of the carrot with a fork.
- Speaking of doneness, you want to try to have similar sized carrots so they all cook in about the same amount of time.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g