Baltimore Crab Cakes
These Baltimore-style crab cakes are all about the crab meat as it's loaded with jumbo lump crab meat and can be made in under 15 minutes.
Servings 8 crab cakes
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the crabmeat and butter. Once mixed, gently fold in the crab meat and shape into 8 crab cakes. Put in refrigerator and let chill for one hour.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook crab cakes for 3-5 minutes until light brown on the bottom and then flip and cook another 3 minutes.
Serve immediately or throw in oven at 200°F to keep warm and serve when ready.
- Use a good quality jump lump crab meat as it is all about the crab.
- Stir all the ingredients except the crab first as you want to mix the crab as little as possible.
- Chill the crabs cakes for an hour so they don't break apart.
- Use an ice cream scoop or ¼ cup so you get consistently sized crab cakes.
Serving: 1crab cake | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.7mg