This potato tacos recipe comprises crispy potatoes loaded with spices and your favorite toppings, making it a perfect vegetarian option.
Servings 12 tacos
- 1 ½ lbs Russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado, cheese, limes, sour cream for topping
Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold water, making sure they are covered. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are fork tender. Drain the potatoes.
Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and toss with the cornstarch, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes so they get crispy. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
For tortillas, heat small skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 30 seconds on both sides. Serve crispy potatoes over warm tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Be consistent when cutting potatoes so it will cook evenly.
- I keep the skin on for added texture but you can remove the skin.
- Start potatoes in cold water and bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. If you start in hot water, the potatoes will cook unevenly.
- Cook until just done and drain potatoes well to avoid a mushy, watery mess.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g