Parmesan Zucchini Chips
These baked zucchini chips are a great healthy alternative to many side dishes including fresh fries and couldn't be easier to make.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°F and put parchment paper on baking sheet. Slice the zucchini into 1/4" thick chips.
In a bowl toss sliced zucchini in olive oil so that all are coated. In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Place zucchini on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the zucchini the gently press down so the mixture will stick.
Bake zucchini chips for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Use a mandoline to get consistently sliced zucchini. If you don't have one a sharp knife will work.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan. Never buy pre-shredded Parmesan cheese as it contains wood pulp. Blocks of Parmesan cheese are also cheaper.
- Add 1/2 of garlic powder to breadcrumb mixture if you want some additional flavor.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2150IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 0.5mg