With tequila, fresh lemon juice, triple sec and agave syrup, this margarita is a more citrus forward and less sweet take on the classic margarita.
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz agave syrup
- lemon wedges and salt for garnish
Cut a lemon and rub edges of glasses with it. Then dip the glasses in a plate that has either sugar or salt or a combination.
Combine tequila, lemon juice, triple sec and agave syrup in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 20 seconds. Strain in a margarita glass and garnish with a sliced lemon.
- Take the time to freshly squeeze the lemon juice. It is cheaper and just tastes better than store-bought bottles.
- Use agave instead of simple syrup. It takes takes less work and adds additional flavor.
- Use silver tequila when making the margarita. Gold tequila can muddy the flavor.
- Used crushed ice which will make the margarita colder quicker.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 30g