Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
This Instant Pot vegetarian chili doesn't have any meat but you won't be missing it with the flavors that come together quickly in the Instant Pot.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 (28 oz can) diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 2 (15 oz cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz can) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- chopped cilantro, avocado, chips, sour cream, grated cheddar for chopping
Set a 6-qt Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat olive oil. Add onion, peppers and carrots and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, paprika, oregano, coriander and cayenne pepper and cook for another minute. Stir in diced tomatoes, beans, corn and vegetable broth.
Select Bean / Chili Instant Pot setting, adjust pressure to high and select time for 20 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
Stir in cilantro and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately and garnish with your desired toppings.
- Be consistent with the size you dice the vegetables so everything cooks evenly.
- Use quality low-sodium vegetable broth. Remember a lot of the flavor will come from the broth.
- If you like more heat, increase the amount of cayenne pepper or keep the seeds from the peppers.
- Don’t skip toppings like cheese, avocado or sour cream. These ingredients all help enhance the flavor.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 1014mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4750IU | Vitamin C: 83.3mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 4.1mg