Flavor-packed meatballs with marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, peppers and onion makes this pizza a family favorite that everyone enjoys.
Servings 8 slices
- 250 grams (all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry active yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 6 meatballs, cut in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-6 basil leaves
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands. It should be sticky, but not lumpy.
Cover with saran wrap and a towel in a warm place, allowing it to rise for 24 hours. Transfer to a floured surface and shape into ball. Use when ready.
Place pizza stone in oven 8" from the broiler element and preheat to 500°F. You want stone to be in oven for at least 30 minutes at 500°F.
Sprinkle pizza peel with cornmeal or flour. Use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the dough to the shape you want and place on pizza peel.
Evenly spread the marinara sauce over the pizza dough. Spread the cheese throughout. Top with meatballs, diced peppers and onion. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Once stone is preheated, turn broiler to high. Transfer pizza to pizza stone and bake for 4-5 minutes or until top is bubbly and bottom is golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh basil.
- Take the time to make your own dough. My go-to is this no-knead pizza dough.
- If short on time, just use store-bought sauce and meatballs.
- Don't go overboard on the sauce. You want to just spread it lightly.
- Use a pizza stone so you can broil the pizza and get a nice crust, but bubbly top.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g