If you're looking for an easy fish recipe that is loaded with flavor, then this cod that is blackened and topped with corn mango salsa is for you.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh cod
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- corn mango salsa
In small bowl, combine the light brown sugar, paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Rub the seasoning into the fish, making sure it's entirely coated.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add fish to skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side or until blackened. Remove from skillet and top with corn mango salsa.
- Use wild cod when possible. It is healthier for you and just tastes better. Frozen cod works fine too but just make sure it is thawed before cooking.
- If you like a really charred blackening, just cook an extra 2 minutes per side on the stovetop. You won't need to throw in the oven to finish.
- You know the fish is done when it flakes easily when pressed with a fork.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.3mg