This rollatini is made with thinly pounded chicken that is breaded and rolled with prosciutto, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Prep your dredging bowls. Mix together the olive oil and lemon juice in one shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Lay 1 chicken cutlet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken until it's ¼" thick.
Dip the chicken in the olive oil and lemon mixture and then dip the the breadcrumb mixture.
Lay 1 slice prosciutto, 1 slice cheese and a few sun-dried tomatoes on top of each chicken. Roll and place each piece of chicken seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Spray the top of the chicken with a little more cooking spray.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Use same-sized chicken cutlets so everything cooks evenly.
- You know the chicken is cooked when it reaches 165°F with an instant-read thermometer or if you cut into the chicken and the juices run clear and there is no pink. Honestly, I always just cut the chicken to see when it is done. If it isn’t just cook slightly longer.
- You can make the dish in advance and just throw in the oven when ready for dinner.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1787mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g