Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These crispy sweet potato fries are quite easy to make, but more importantly - actually crispy and tasty.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, skin removed and cut 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices and place in bowl. Toss in olive oil.
In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Toss sweet potatoes in cornstarch mixture.
Place on large baking sheet, making sure the fries aren't touching each other. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Turn oven off and let fries sit in oven for another 20 minutes as they will continue to crisp. Season with salt.
- Use cornstarch: cornstarch is just another step in leading to crispy sweet potato fries. It’s really the secret ingredient that brings this recipe together.
- Do not overcrowd: overcrowding your pan with the fries leads to steam which leads to soggy fries, not crispy.
- Use parchment paper: parchment paper prevents the fries from sticking and helps them crisp up.
- Flip the fries: take the time to actually flip the fries so you can get them crispy on both sides.
- Season with salt last: season the salt with fries at the end as it can contribute to soggy fries if you do beforehand.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 815mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g