These blackberry loaded margaritas are a fruity and unique version of a classic margarita that are perfect for any party.
Servings 6 glasses
- 1 cup silver tequila
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup honey
- 12 oz fresh blackberries, divided
- lime wedges and blackberries for garnish
Combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, triple sec, honey and 1 ½ cups blackberries in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Strain mixture over a pitcher to discard the solids.
Cut a lime and rub edges of glasses with it. Then dip the glasses in a plate that has either sugar or salt or a combination.
Serve margarita in glass over ice and garnish with lime and remaining blackberries.
- If you don’t have fresh blackberries, frozen blackberries will work fine.
- Use honey instead of simple syrup. It may not be traditional but takes less work and adds additional flavor.
- Use silver tequila when making the margarita. Gold tequila can muddy the flavor.
- Used crushed ice which will make the margarita colder quicker.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g