Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese
The perfect healthy appetizer is these easy and tasty sweet potatoes with goat cheese that are finished with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and honey.
Servings 24 rounds
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 3 tbsp honey
Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt and paprika. In large bowl toss the cut sweet potatoes with the paprika mixture, making sure everything is coated.
Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potatoes in even layer. Bake the sweet potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. (20 minutes total)
Transfer to a serving plate and top each with some goat cheese, walnuts and cranberries. Spoon a little honey and drizzle of balsamic glaze over each.
- Use a mandoline to give you consistent slices.
- If you aren't a fan of goat cheese, you can use fresh ricotta.
- Don’t skip out on roasting the walnuts. By roasting them they will stay crispy in the batter and bring out the flavor.
Serving: 1round | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2750IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg