These delicious shrimp which are blackened are an easy, light and healthy dinner cooked in one pan and can be ready to eat in just 10 minutes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cilantro and limes for topping
In small bowl, combine the light brown sugar, paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Rub the seasoning into the shrimp, making sure it's entirely coated.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add the shrimp to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side or until blackened. With 30 seconds remaining, add garlic. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Use wild shrimp when possible. It is healthier for you and just tastes better. Frozen shrimp works fine too but just make sure they're thawed before cooking.
- If you use pre-cooked shrimp, you want to cook just 30 seconds per side so they don't get overcooked.
- Add cold olive oil to a cold skillet and let heat up to proper temperature before adding the shrimp. You’ll know it is ready when the oil starts to shimmer.
- Shrimp cook quickly so cook two minutes per side or until pink and opaque. If you cook too long, shrimp will be tough.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g