Oven roasted olives with citrus, garlic and fresh herbs are simple to make and the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Servings 4 cups
- 4 cups assorted olives (kalamata, black, green, Spanish, etc...), drained
- zest of 2 oranges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tsp whole fennel seeds
- ¾ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 450°F. Add the drained olives to a medium bowl. Add the orange zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Pour the olive oil over and toss to combine.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread the olives over. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and serve warm.
- Use fresh herbs, but if you must, dry herbs work in a pinch. Just reduce the amount to ⅓ of the dried herbs so ⅔ tsp each of dried rosemary and dried thyme.
- Use quality olive oil as part of the taste comes from it.
- Leave out bowl for pits of olives to be placed in.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g