Honey Beer Bread
This easy homemade bread gets its flavor from the type of beer you use and is crunchy on the outside but warm and melt in your mouth on the inside.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 (12 ounce) beer
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 9x5 loaf pan.
In large bowl, mix sifted flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the beer and honey and mix until just combined. Pour into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over the entire bread mixture.
Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- It is important to sift the flour or you will have a biscuit-like bread.
- You can replace the honey with sugar if needed.
- If you want a softer crust more like traditional bread, mix the butter in with the batter instead of pouring it on top.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0mg