Autumn Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Chicken sausage with autumn fruit and veggies that are seasoned with fresh herbs and roasted on a sheet pan make this healthy meal great for a busy weeknight.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 12 oz chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp poultry herb blend, chopped (thyme, rosemary, sage)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Add sausage, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, apples, leek and garlic to sheet pan.
Sprinkle poultry blend, salt and black pepper over the sausage and veggies. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
Roast for 15 minutes, Remove, tossing to coat. Add sliced almonds and roast for an additional 15 minutes until the apples and veggies are tender. Serve immediately.
- Cut the vegetables and apples in uniform pieces so they cook evenly.
- When using leeks, make sure you wash thoroughly so you remove the dirt. If you can't find leeks, you can replace them with a small red onion.
- If your grocery store doesn't have a poultry herb blend, use a combination of fresh thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Add sliced almonds halfway through the cooking process so they get crisp but don't burn.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1044mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 8425IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 1.8mg