This easy quiche consists of store-bought pie crust and is filled with eggs, milk, prosciutto, sharp cheddar cheese and green onions.
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1 cup diced prosciutto
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out pie crust onto pie dish and poke with fork. Bake for 10 min so bottom gets slightly cooked. Remove pie crust from oven
Evenly spread 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese across bottom of pie crust. Add chopped prosciutto and green onion on top. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and black pepper. Pour evenly over everything. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 40-55 minutes or until the middle is just slightly jiggly. You can use a cake tester to test as well. You might need to cover crust with aluminum foil if it's starting to brown to quickly. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes so it sets. (This is very important. If you don't let it sit for 15 minutes it will break up as you slice.)
- Use store-bought pie crust. Yes you can make your own crust no problem, but these ham and cheese quiche are meant to be quick and easy to make. You won't miss making your own, but if you want to, I'd recommend this flaky quiche crust by Confetti & Bliss.
- The perfect quiche ratio is 1 large egg to 1/2 cup milk. So if you want to make more or less, just keep that ratio the same. You want your quiche to be silky, not spongy.
- Mix and match the ingredients you add in, but make sure they are dry. Wet ingredients can mess up your perfect liquid ratio.
- Place the cheese on the bottom before adding the egg custard. By doing this you have a cheese layer on the bottom instead of it being mixed throughout which just adds to the flavor.
- The best quiche jiggles slightly when you cut into, so don't overbake it. The quiche is done when the edges are set but the center still wobbles slightly.
- Let the prosciutto quiche sit in the pie dish for at least 15 minutes before removing so it can set.
- You can store the quiche in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge or 2 months in the freezer. To reheat, cover with foil and bake at 325°F until cooked through.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 682mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 1.8mg